ReactJS VS AngularJS : A Guide To Select the Best Front End Technology for Your App
In this top-notch technology world, your app development company or in-house team needs a better way to develop and deploy an interactive web app for your business that will earn you the desired ROI. Being an entrepreneur or business owner, you need to keep your tech guide handy for better decision making. Well, I have seen my clients getting confused about the front-end technology and curious to know more about it.
This article holds a clear detail about ReactJS vs AngularJS and which technology to select for your web app.
What is AngularJS?
AngularJS is an open-source front-end web app framework by Google that holds a Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture, makes the development, maintenance and testing easier for developers. It’s great for building highly active and interactive web applications but most popular for Single page applications.
AngularJS is used for web apps that are based on:
What is React JS?
Well, if you see the analytics snapshot of Google trends, Angular was very popular till 2016, but from 2017 the searches for React is growing.
The Stackoverflow also shows the popularity of tag “AngularJS” and “ReactJS and the popularity of ReactJS is dominating now.
With every new update, both ReactJS and AngularJS come with new features which further offer reliability and stability to the web apps.
Difference between ReactJS and AngularJS
Benefits of AngularJS:
- Web application built on AngularJS runs in any browser environment regardless of the platform.
- The two-way or bidirectional data binding ensures the data change in the model will reflect in the view immediately, and when data in the view changes, the model is also updated.
- The pre-built material design components help in building a highly interactive and easily navigable UI for your mobile/web app.
- The Angular Command Line Interface ensures easy update of components from third-party which reduces the time to create apps and deploy the same.
Benefits of ReactJS:
- Virtual DOM helps React app developers an easy rendering of any changes in the application without affecting the other parts of the interface.
- js allows the reusing of its code components anytime for different levels. This makes app development easy and time-saving.
- ReactJS uses Redux which simplifies the storing and managing component states in large applications.
- The unidirectional data binding makes the code stable and supports future development as the data flow is directed towards one direction.
How to choose between AngularJS and ReactJS for your app development?
Being the most important aspect of front-end application’s performance, HTML requires much attention from the developers. You must know that both ReactJS and AngularJS take completely different approaches to update the HTML that in turn affect the performance.
However, considering the direct changes in DOM in the browser, AngularJS is best suited for Single-page application (like Upwork) where the content is updated occasionally. And, on the other hand, ReactJS can be selected for applications of any size, which needs content update regularly (for example Instagram).
- Speed of development
Though modification is easy on both ReactJS library and AngularJS framework, the speed depends on the number of libraries with the functionalities that are available to the developers. ReactJS’s architecture is easier to scale than AngularJS, but developing a web app in Angular is faster than ReactJS.
Well, it also depends on external factors like your web app development team and their strength to overcome any complexity while developing the app.
- Size of the app
The AngularJS framework holds all the necessary parts of a Minimum Viable Product to produce a fully functional Single-page application. If you want to regulate the size of your app and keep it small & compact then Angular JS is the best choice.
On the other hand, React JS is a great choice for the applications that you desire to expand in the future across multiple operating systems.
- Search Engine Optimization
Developing an amazing web app is not all, you need to look after its visibility over the internet as well. Both ReactJS and AngularJS allows you to make a Single-page application SEO-friendly, but AngularJS demands more effort to make it SEO-friendly.
Finally, it may be concluded
While ReactJS gives you flexibility and simplicity, AngularJS is a comprehensive framework. But that doesn’t help a lot when developers don’t need most of the features that Angular provides. Due to Reactjs’s implementation with a virtual DOM, it guarantees better performances than Angular.
However, it is simply impractical to differentiate AngularJS and ReactJS. As from the blog, you can understand both ReactJS and AngularJS are front-end technologies that require a good hand-on exposure of HTML, CSS & Java to have better productivity.