Finally, the Wait is over–Apple iPhone 7 will Be Available from September 7
Launching Apple iPhone 7 is probably the biggest tech event of the year. Finally, Apple is unveiling the iPhone 7 on September 7. People are holding their breaths, iPhone lovers have started the countdown and entire mobile industry is waiting anxiously to tap the revolutionary features embedded in iPhone 7. People have started receiving ghost tweets from until now dormant twitter account of Apple reminding them not to miss the event, taking place at 10:00 PDT on September 7, 2016.
Predicting the Possible Features
- iPhone 7 will have an A10 Processor clocked at 2.4GHz, which is supposed to increase its speed, by 20% to 30%.
- iPhone 7 will have 2GB RAM whereas iPhone 7 Plus will have 3 GB RAM
- Similar to iPad Pro range, iPhone 7 is supposed to get True Tone Display that will offer faster response time with its laser-based proximity sensors.
- iPhone 7 is supposed to get an IPX7 waterproof rating, i.e. the device will be waterproof if immersed in 1 meter of water for about 30 minutes.
- iPhone 7 will host a 4.7-inch screen; whereas, iPhone 7 Plus will host a 5.5-inch screen
- It is expected to have upgraded flash and LEDs will be increased to four from the current two LEDs
- A new range of dark black and piano black color is supposed to be introduced with a focus to eliminate current gray variant
- There will not be any significant change in the design; reports say that iPhone 7 will have a similar design as that of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 S
- As per the leaked images, new iPhone will have redesigned antenna lines
- The bigger device, i.e. iPhone 7 Plus is expected to have a dual camera (2×12MP) and is rumored to be equipped with a wider and brighter lens (1× wide angle & 1× Telephoto lens ).
- Now users will be able to capture even better low slingshots with upgraded ambient light sensors available on both variants.
- Surprise, neither iPhone 7 nor iPhone 7 Plus will have 3.5 mm audio jack. Apple is rumored to unveil a new Dr Dre Beats product in the event, which might be the revolutionary earphones for the device
- IOS 10 is already in beta stage and following its own tradition, either the all-new iOS 10 will be launched on 7 September along with the iPhone or it will be made available successively.
- With a motive to halt 16 GB variant, Apple is supposed to be launching 256GB variants for both
- There will not be any ‘Home’ button on iPhone 7… Instead, it will be replaced with a non-clicking touch sensor.
Predicting the Possible Sale
If you remember, Apple Inc. announced blowout numbers of the first weekend sales for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus model. Apparently, more than four million pre-orders were booked for its 6S model and almost 10 million devices were sold in the first weekend after launch. Will iPhone 7 break this record? It is the major questions haunting many trade analysts. While some think new iPhone 7 will experience a modest sale, some are in favor of Apple claiming iPhone 7 sale will be huge.
Technically, in the month of September Apple is going to have a largest-ever base of users having existing iPhones that are two or more years old. Although, statistics say only 17% of users immediately upgrade their phone, this time, the percentage of the users due for a new iPhone is far greater compared to what it was during the launch of iPhone 6 S.
For an instance, at present Apple iPhone enjoys a subscriber base of 650 million users, out of which 26% first-hand owners are having the device that is almost 2 years old. This means; with one eye, Apple is also targeting these 169 million users in possession of a device that is two and more years old. Thus, even though Apple fails to impress audiences with its new iPhone 7, it surely will drive its sales by targeting users in need of improved replacement.
Tick Tock Tick Tock… the clock is ticking and the countdown has already shifted from days to hours. Now you do not have to wait for days to explore the new iPhone. Instead, you have to wait for 24 hours until you lay your hands on brand new iPhone 7. Even we are excited, as you are to understand and explore the possibilities of this trend-setting device.
It would be interesting to find out the different features in iOS 10 and its integration for killing iOS application development. Get in touch with us if you are interested in iOS mobile application development for iPhone 7, with Siri SDK or with iOS 10 expected to offer greater clarity, more simplicity, and bright design.